- Label, fill, load, unload, and transfer empty and full drums, pails, bags, super sacks, and portable tanks and bulk trailers of all chemical products used and produced in the plant.
- Perform appropriate inventory transactions and record keeping both manual and electronic, as required.
- Verify receiving and shipping paperwork for accuracy, in accordance with established policies.
- Operate drum picker and forklift on a routine basis.
- Insure proper and safe operation of equipment used in the loading and unloading process.
- Cut pick tickets and bills of lading as needed.
- Call in appropriate carriers for load pick-ups as needed.
- Provide labor support as directed by supervision.
- Attend on site and off site training, deemed necessary by the Company, in order to build and maintain qualifications.
- Oversee housekeeping and cleanliness in the area.
- Follow all HS&E policies and procedures in accordance with the Bayport HS & E Management System.
- High School diploma and at least a year’s experience working in general warehouse.
- Attitude is the most important aspect of this role. A good attitude will get you very far in this role.
- Candidate must pass a physical ability test.
- Ability to produce complete and accurate paperwork.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Previous chemical warehouse experience is a plus
- A self-starter and can work with little direction.
- The work schedule is a rotating 12 hour shift on the “DuPont” schedule, which is a 28 day rotating cycle between days, nights, and weekends.
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562