KrisEnergy Ltd., an independent upstream oil and gas company, announces that oil production has restarted at the Wassana field in the G10/48 licence in the Gulf of Thailand following Tropical Storm Pabuk. Operational crews have returned to the mobile offshore production unit, and the Rubicon Venture floating, storage and offloading vessel has been reconnected to the Wassana field mooring.
The Mist jack-up rig has resumed the Wassana infill drilling program. The G10/48 contract area covers 1,525 sq. km over the Southern Pattani Basin in water depths of up to 60 metres. KrisEnergy is the operator of G10/48 holding 89% working interest. Palang Sophon Limited holds the remaining 11%.